Monday, November 7, 2011

Review: SEAL of My Dreams by Stephanie Bond

5 STARS
Seal of My Dreams is an Anthologies with contributers : Jami Alden, Stephanie Bond,Kylie Brant, Helen Brenna, HelenKay Dimon, Cindy Gerard, Tara Janzen,Leslie Kelly, Elle Kennedy, Alison Kent, Jo Leigh,Gennita Low, Marliss Melton ,Christie Ridgway, Barbara Samuel, Roxanne St. Claire, Stephanie Tyler and Loreth Anne White.
All the procedes go to Veterans Research Corporation.
The stories are all different with Seals as the main character some are still in the service and others are dealing with injuries and horror of war.  Some made me laugh,concerned and even cried in some of stories.  I would read a few before bed. This collection of shorts stories about Navy Seals is well worth the time to read them and help at the same time.
One of the ones I cried at a Navy Seal had lost part of his leg and returned to Sweetness, Georgia. His home town was wiped out by a tornado when he was 15. (I remembered reading this book) Barry was at the store when the siren rang and he was one of the few trapped in store basement in the dark.  Two soldiers rescued them. Now people are comming back and rebuilding the town.  Barry is welcomed back and cared and supported by the town.
It just really hit me emotionaly Barry's story.
These 18 stories all have romance in them are about heroes who have paid a price for freedom and wanted to make a difference. I enjoyed reading them.
11/11/2011  PUB Bell Bridge Books  396 pages

No comments: