Thursday, February 13, 2014

Delivering Hope by Jennifer Ann Holt

Olivia Spencer wants to be a mother more than anything else, but years of infertility have left her soul wounded and her marriage strained. Allison Campbell is a young, single woman who discovers that a moment of excitement has led to an unplanned pregnancy and overwhelming heartache. Deep love paves the way for sacrifice as the lives of these two women touch.
Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Cedar Fort, Inc. (February 14, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1599559021

My Review: Delivering Hope by Jennifer Ann Holt

5 STARS

Need lots of tissue. I cried sad, happy, joyful, compassion and grateful tears. This story touched me in so many different ways. These have not been my trials, but know a lot of people that have or had to deal with these issues.

These characters felt so real to me. Boy did I go on a rollercoaster ride reading this book. I hope I am not the neighbor that says the wrong thing to someone and brings more pain to their table. Or that I am not the one that keeps someone away from church for a hurtful remark about being a teen mother. So many people that I know I have thought of while reading this story.

I like what Olivia tried to do to get over her anger and disappointment, especially on Mothers Day.

Olivia always wanted to be a mother but month after month the answer was no. People in her ward thought she had chosen to be a career nurse instead of a mother. They would say things that really hurt Olivia.

Allison Campbell made a mistake one time and ended up being pregnant. She went right to her Bishop to talk to and get counseling. When she showed finally she heard women talking bad about her and just wanted to stay away from church because of it.

This story is written in three parts. The first is Olivia story of what she is going through. The second is Allison's story. I cared for both Allison and Olivia and what they were going through the highs and lows of their stories.

This book talks a lot about the love the Savior has for each of us, The Atonement, free agency. It is a very clean read.

The pacing was good. I only put the book down to blow my nose and grab more tissue.
I will be reading Jennifer's new book Discovering peace real soon!

I was given this book by the Author for the purpose of reviewing it. This is my own opinion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good book to read!