Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Healing Quilt by Wanda E. Brunstetter (The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club #3)

Description
Join retired Amish newlyweds Emma and Lamar Miller in Florida for the winter as they lead another quilting class with a new group of unlikely students: Jennifer, a pregnant new mom; Mike, a charter boat owner; Erika, a wheelchair bound teen; Kim, a waitress; Noreen, a newly-retired widow, and BJ, an artist facing illness. When old friends visit from Indiana, will romance also become a subject of class discussions?
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: Barbour Publishing Inc. (August 5, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1616260874
ISBN-13: 978-1616260873


My review: The Healing Quilt by Wanda E. Brunstetter (The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club #3)

4 STARS

I was so drawn into these characters that I mourned and celebrated with them. I wanted to make a quilt with them. Really wanted to play at the ocean with them. The characters were talking about when they were kids the classroom all started to yawn and they got there teacher yawning. Just reading about it made me yawn!

Emma and Lamar Miller have moved to Florida for the winter. Lamar feels so much better! Emma is lonely and misses her family. So they decide to teach a beginner quilt class for six weeks. They want to make a difference in their students lives. They have six students lined up to take their class.
Jennier, a pregnant mom whose husband is out of work.
BJ an artist who is sick
Mike owns his own boat he takes people out in.
Erika is a sad teen in a wheelchair
Kim a waitress
Noreen a retired teacher

Soon the lives of their students become involved more with each other and former students of Emma and Lamar. Emma and Lamar pray about the problems in their students lives and want to make a difference to them. They share their love, faith and talents with them.

I felt uplifted reading the Healing Quilt. I wanted everything to workout for these characters. I want to be more like Emma and Lamar. They are not afraid to pray for others and share their love with them.

I felt a lot of emotions as I read The Healing Quilt. I laughed, cried, with them and was said to see the book finished.

I will read more from Wanda E. Brunstetter in the future. Her stories draw you into their lives and make you feel with her wonderful plots and characters.

I was given this ebook to read so I could give it a honest review of it by Net Galley and Barbour Publishing, Inc.

No comments: