Sunday, November 9, 2014

Knot In My Backyard by Mary Marks





Knot In My Backyard
(A Quilting Mystery)
Mass Market Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Kensington (November 4, 2014)
ISBN-13: 978-0758292070
goodreads-badge-add-plus



Synopsis:

A diamond brocade pattern is more quilter Martha Rose’s style than a baseball diamond—especially when it comes to the new eyesore of a stadium ruining her lovely San Fernando Valley neighborhood. Martha doesn’t know a bunt from a Bundt cake, but when she stumbles upon the battered body of baseball coach Dax Martin, she doesn’t need a scorecard to know it’s foul play. LAPD homicide detective Arlo Beavers is convinced one of her neighbors is responsible. But Martha and her fellow quilters Lucy and Birdie soon discover a whole field of suspects who might have wanted to take the coach out of the game permanently…



About This Author

Born and raised in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area, Mary Marks earned a B.A. in Anthropology from UCLA and an M.A. in Public Administration from the American Jewish University in Los Angeles. In 2004 she enrolled in the UCLA Extension Writers Program. Her first novel, Forget Me Knot, was a finalist in a national writing competition in 2011.

She is currently a reviewer of cozy mysteries for The New York Journal of Books at www.nyjournalofbooks.com.

Readers can visit her at

www.marymarksmysteries.com
and
www.facebook.com/mmarks2013


My review: Knot in My Backyard by Mary Marks

4 STARS

This is book two in A Quilting Mystery. The issues in this cozy mystery dealing with the homeless was sad but also shows a way too that anyone can do something and if you get a group together can help. She also shows us how greed and corruption can do a lot of damage. I did not put the book down till I finished and look forward to the next book.

It is very relatable to me. I really like Martha and her friends. I could not decide who I wanted Martha to choose. Arlo really let her down in so many ways. Crusher I liked but she really does not know a lot about him.

Martha has been dating Arlo for four months since she met him. Martha loves quilting, is feisty, curious and loyal. She also has issues of trusting men. I share some of the same health issues and close to the same age but I don't try to solve murders or find dead bodies.

Martha finds a dead body while out for a walk. She calls her boyfriend LAPD homicide detective Arlo Beavers. She knows that the easy suspect is her neighbor but she believes he is innocent and she wants to help him. She can get people to talk to her because of she is no threat.

I like that we see more than just Martha finding suspects and trying to help her neighbor. We see a lot of everyday life around Martha and feel with her about the trouble she is facing.

The setting in this book is San Fernando Valley, CA. It is a regular neighborhood with a rich private school who rushed into hurry and build a big ball park in the neighborhood. I felt like I was their with them.

I was given this ebook to read and in return I agreed to give honest review of Knot In My Backyard and be part of its book tour.

Tour Participants

November 4 –Tea and A Book – Review, Giveaway

November 5 – Booklady’s Booknotes – Review, Guest Post

November 6 – Kelly P’s Blog – Guest Post

November 7 – Back Porchervations – Review

November 8 – deal sharing aunt – Review

November 9 – readalot – Review

November 10 – Shelley’s Book Case – Review, Giveaway

November 11 – Cozy Up With Kathy – Interview

November 12 – Books-n-Kisses – Review, Giveaway

November 13 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – Review

No comments: