Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Down Range by Lindsay McKenna (Shadow Warriors #2)

Description Down Range


Trained to kill, but built for love…

Captain Morgan Boland is at the top of her game, as is her former lover, Navy SEAL Jake Ramsey. Then a military computer selects them to partner in a special op. The mission can't be compromised by their personal history—and they have truckloads of it.

But the Afghan assignment might provide the discipline they need to finally get it together—outside the bedroom, that is. A lot has happened over the two years since they last went their separate ways. And there's way more to Morgan than Jake has ever given her credit for….

My Review: Down Range

5 STARS

Down Range just really hit the spot for me today. Their were strong characters, drama, romance, cute kid, trials in their past they had to work through. I cared about them. Their is a couple of love scenes that I skipped over too.
What pressure the black Ops for them and their family. Thank you military for all you do for our freedoms.
The setting for this book is Afghan village and up in the mountains for most of the book. It seemed real to me like I could see and smell it at times.
The pacing was good. I hated it when I had to put the book down. Things did not stay calm for too much of the time.
I look forward to reading more in the Shadow Warriors series. As a woman I want to think we can do anything but as a mother I don't want my girls in combat. But if I had boys I probably don't want them their either.
When they are in the Afghan village it seemed real. I take food for granted and all other luxuries we have compared to others.
Down Range is entertaining, informing and lets you catch a look at how others are living and some of their trials.
I look forward to reading more of Lindsay McKenna's books in the future.
publication: November 26th 2013 by Harlequin HQN ISBN :9780373778218 384 pages

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rhonda
Thank you for taking the time to read and review Down Range.
Happy Holidays!
Warmly, Lindsay McKenna