Monday, November 4, 2013

Take Me Home for Christmas (Whiskey Creek #5) by Brenda Novak

Christmas is a time for remembering….

Too bad all memories aren't pleasant. Everyone in Whiskey Creek remembers Sophia DeBussi as the town's Mean Girl. Especially Ted Dixon, whose love she once scorned.

But Sophia has paid the price for her youthful transgressions. The man she did marry was rich and powerful but abusive. So when he goes missing, she secretly hopes he'll never come back—until she learns that he died running from an FBI probe of his investment firm. Not only has he left Sophia penniless, he's left her to face all the townspeople he cheated….

Sophia is reduced to looking for any kind of work to pay the bills and support her daughter. With no other options, she becomes housekeeper for none other than Ted, now a successful suspense writer. He can't bring himself to turn his back on her, not at Christmas, but he refuses to get emotionally involved. He learned his lesson the last time.

Or will the season of love and forgiveness give them both another chance at happiness?

My Review: Take Me Home for Christmas

4 STARS

I kept putting this book off because I thought I would not like Sophia's character. There were parts of it I did not admire, but so many more parts I liked. I was not that happy with Ted's character either. I was surprised how much I enjoyed their story. How mad I got at other characters in the book. Especially the Sheriff.

The plot was good. It kept me reading so much that I did not put the book down until I had finished it.

I was very invested into their story. I wanted things to workout for everybody. The pacing was good.

Lots of drama all over the place. I was so disappointed in so many characters with authority in the book. Lots of different relationships problems to overcome.

Their were some love scenes that I skipped over.

I liked seeing the old characters from previous books show up again.

So if you have waited like me to read Take Me Home for Christmas don't wait any longer it is a good story.

I was given this ebook so I could honestly review it from Netgalley and Harlequin.

Published October 29th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA 400 pages ISBN:0778315460

No comments: