Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Her Montana Cowboy by Valerie Hansen

The Man of Her Dreams

Julie Shaw is up to her ears in parade preparations…and cowboys! As the mayor's daughter, she needs to make sure the centennial celebrations for her beloved hometown of Jasper Gulch, Montana, go off without a hitch. Surely that's why she's feeling so flustered. It couldn't have anything to do with the handsome Ryan Travers. Of course she'd noticed the visiting rodeo star with the sparkle in his eye. But Julie is way too sensible to fall for his obvious appeal. As the town gossips about a century-old mystery, Julie's thoughts keep drifting to the charming cowboy. Despite her father's objections, she may soon find herself roped in…by love.

Big Sky Centennial: A small town rich in history…and love.


Series: Love Inspired\Big Sky Centennial

Mass Market Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Love Inspired (June 17, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0373878958
ISBN-13: 978-0373878956

My Review: Her Montana Cowboy by Valerie Hansen (Big Sky Centennial #1)

4 STARS

Is the first book in the new series Big Sky Centennial. It is a charming, full of humor, clean romance. It is also a Christian novel. There is a mystery of a stolen item that is carried over. Each month they are having a different celebration there 100 years of history. It starts in July with special three week rodeo competition.

Julie Shaw loves rodeo. She catches the eye of one of the rodeo riders in the parade. She is the youngest daughter of the Mayor. She raises sheep and sells the yarn on her family's ranch. Julie's father wants to set her up with his choice of a husband.

Ryan Travers is a rodeo competitor who is always going on too new rodeos. This is the first time in years that he plans to stay in one city for three weekends as long as he is among the top winners each weekend. He notices Julie right off. He is not close to anyone.

I enjoyed reading Her Montana Cowboy. I like how Julie is not afraid to share her beliefs. She has a big family. I look forward to seeing more of them in future books.

the first question in the back of the book is. Are you interested in the sport of rodeo? Did you think of it in those terms before reading this book?

My answer is: I have considered that rodeo is a sport. I know how dangerous it can be. I did not know about bonus bull rides. Or how big a purse got in big rodeos. I do enjoy going to rodeo but it has been a few years since I have gone. We have small one in my small town always the week of July 24.

I would read more books from Valerie Hansen in the future.

I was given this ebook to read and asked in return to give honest review by Netgalley and Harlequin.

1 comment:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

I enjoy Love Inspired books! =)
this one looks interesting!