Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cardwell Ranch Trespasser by B.J. Daniels

4 STARS
I got involved in the story. I got mad at Dana and her husband Hud. I could not believe how fast they turned away from a goodfriend and believed a stranger over thier friend. I know I am way into the story when I feel so strongly about what is going on.
Dana Cardwell was excited to find a cousin she never knew she had. She invited her to stay at her ranch. Even offered to pay her way. Dana got her good friend and business partner to go with her to pick up.
Hilde Jacobson was the owner of Needles and Pins. She left work to go with Dana to the airport to pickup Dee Anna Justice. She also agreed to go on a picnic with them up to the waterfall. Hilde was not as trusting of Dee and asked her questions about her life. Dee tries to knock her into the falls and at the last moment grabbed her and pulled her back.
Deputy Marshal Colt Dawson has wanted to date Hilde. In fact he took his break across the street at the cafe so he could see her. He did ask her out and she turned him down. Hud noticed that he was taking his break at the cafe too.
Dee Anna Justice or who ever she is. Has taken her id and plans to see what she can get. Dee acts so sweet. She wants Dana's life with Hud not his kids. She can see that Hilde does not fall for her act. She warns her away at the falls. Dee is good at making others look bad while she looks inocent.
Rick Cameron has followed Dee to Montana. Dee tells everyone that he is a old boyfriend that was not taking the break too well. Also says he drinks a lot.
Hilde tries to get everybody to believe that Dee is not who she thinks she is. That she tried to kill her. That Rick was going to tell her the truth. Colt starts to believe her and risks his job for it.
I could not put the book down till I finshed it. I wanted to scream and shout at these characters. I believed them and wanted them to see the truth sooner.
Thier are a few love scenes and viloence in the book.
I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review from Netgalley. I like B.J. Daniels books and plan to read more of them in the future.
Publisher: Harlequin Intrigue (April 1, 2013) 224 pages ASIN: B00ALTVMO8

No comments: