Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fractured Soul by Rachel McClellan

5 STARS

Fractured Soul is the second book of the series. Fractured Lite was the first book and I have not read it. I felt I missed out on some stuff but I loved this book. People warned me that you would not want to put it down, they were right. No one told me that I would need tissue before it was done though.

Fractured Soul was a good fit for this book. This was a clean read. I cared about the characters and wanted everything to workout for the best. I like that Llona and May cared about others. Especially Llona when she saw servants. She made friends of one who served food for her and her room. It paid off. But that was not why she did what she did.

Llona and May had left UT for Lucent Academy. A boarding school back east with others Auras & Fureies like them. Llona left her Uncle behind in Utah and her boyfriend Christian was going to Oregon. Christian was her guardian. They got in trouble because they got to close. Also because Llona killed a teacher in UT. who was really a Vykens. Vykens kill Auras and drink thier blood.

Auras had power of Light. Llona could do a lot with light. Most Auras lived together. Kids went to boarding school where they were safe against Vykens. Llona was raised different. Her father was a guardian and mother a Auras. After they were killed her Uncle raised her they were always on the move. Llona told no one about herself. But May saw that she was different and at same time Llona saw that May was different too. So they became close friends.

Llona faces some hard decisions and trials. Sometimes she makes the wrong choices like everyone else. I could not help rooting for her and her friends. I can't wait for the next book to come out.

I was given this ebook to read and asked to give honest review when I had read it from Netgalley.

Feb.,2012 PUB Cedar Fort Imprint Sweetwater 336 pages ISBN-10: 1462111807

Description below taken off Netgalley

Llona will do whatever it takes to protect her newfound friends and home, but the dark plot that is threatening Lucent Academy, a school that’s supposed to be a safe place for Auras, may be too powerful for even Llona to defeat. This fast-paced tale of love, loyalty, and overcoming the darkness will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page!

No comments: