Sunday, February 3, 2013

Refuge by Carole Rummage

4 STARS

I looked at some of the early reviews before I started reading Refuge. I agree with some of them about somethings. Yes I guessed
at somethings that were going to happen. Yes the big mystery part was not really a mystery. But others I totally disagree!
I never saw it billed as a mystery. I would say it is more a romance character YA driven story. I connected with the characters a little too much. I cried in too many places. I like Laney.
she has gone through so much all at once. I like her Aunt & Uncle. Her Aunt took more time for me too warm up to her.
Most relationships build over time some quicker than others.

I don't know if I would go back to the Refuge like Laney does after her first experience there. The Refuge is a animal refuge area they have red wolves and bears. Her first time there Laney is rescued by Gabe. Gabe is newer to the area too. He is a artist and paints animals. His paintings already hang in some galleries. Gabe also has some work that is commissioned.

Gabe spends a lot of time painting the wild life at the Refuge. Gabe keeps secrets about himself. Laney & Gabe have a lot in common and talk to each other since they first met.

Matthew is a collage student. He wants to be a Doctor someday and make a lot of money. Matthew's mom is Laney's Aunt Helen best friend. She is always encouraging Laney to go out with Matthew more. Inviting him over to meet Laney.

This is a sweet story. Has some good lessons. I hated to put the book down to go answer the door or phone. I look forward to reading more from Carole Rummage in the future.

I was given this ebook and asked to give honest review of it when I finshed by Netgalley.

Published November 13th 2012 by Cedar Fort Inc Sweetwater Imprint 240 pages ISBN:1462110363



Description taken off Netgalley.com

Laney Lowell moved across the country to escape her past, not to fall in love. But when she becomes friends with Gabe, a handsome artist plagued by a mysterious disease, she’ll have to decide between facing his dark truth or walking away from him forever. This thrilling romance is full of twists that will keep you guessing to the last page.

No comments: