Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Review:The Barons Governess Bride by Deborah Hale

5 STARS I listened to this book on my kindle and it was really enjoyable. I hate to admit this today I realize right away it was a new twist on cinderella but it was along ways into the book before I realized the Name. Sometimes I need a wack on the head. I had to put the book down a few times when unexpected company came to visit. Then my daughter wrote her first email to me from the MTC where she is training for her mission. She has now been out a week. Grace Ellerby is a nanny but she has had three previous jobs and because of her beauty had attracted the wrong men so she had to leave. Grace decided for this next job she would play down her beauty by wearing ugly cap that hid all her hair. Her late fathers glasses. Lord Steadwell is having to find a new nanny for his three daughters after the last one eloped with a neighbor. So he plans to hire the most plainest nanny so she will stay untill his daughters no longer need her. Grace's father was a minaster and he remarried after his wife died. Then he died and her stepmother sent her away at 8 to a school for minsters children. Her stepmother treated her badly so did the teachers at her school because of how pretty she was. Charlotte age 13, Phoebe age 10 and Sophie age 6. It takes a while but the two youngest warm up to her the fastest. Soon they are all getting to know each other pretty well. Then Lord Steadwell decides that he needs to marry and does not want to fall in love again. So he plans to wed a neighbor widow who has just come out of mourning and has one son. I like the characters especially the children. I can just see where Grace is coming from where she has not known love expect for school friends since she was 8. No wonder she is afraid of how a new stepmother for her charges when their was no love between them. This book just hit the spot today. was fun to read and picture the scenes in my mind. I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review from Netgalley. Thier are no warnings about content of this book. 06/05/2012 PUB Harlequin Harlequin Love Inspired Historical

No comments: