Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Review: A Season of Love by Amy Clipstone

4 STARS I liked this book. Now I would like to read the other books that Amy Clipston has written. A Season of Love is the 5th and final book of the Kauffman Amish Bakery Series. In this book starts with Lizzie Anne and Samuel have decided to get married. Lindsey has decided that she does belong in the Amish church and she is going to be baptised. Katie Kauffman is feeling left out with her friends new life starting. None of the Amish guys are right for her. Katie runs into Jake Miller and enjoyed thier talk. Jake is a Mennonite and after Katie been baptised its not right for her to be alone with Jake. Jake and Katie's grandfather are building new cabinates for the Kauffman Amish bakery that Katie works in. Katie,Jake and a couple of the bakers are eating lunch together outside of the bakery. The next day Katie makes Jake something for lunch and her mother tells her she can't just make something for him. One after work Katie comes out from the closet and finds everyone has left work. They all travel together by hired car service. Jake offers her a ride home because its raining so hard. Katie is forbidden to talk to him. Her parents don;t believe that it wasn't an accident that she was left behind at work. Katie and Jake both watch each other and try to stay away because they know what happens if Katie gets in more trouble. Lindsey now that she is baptised a member of the Amish church dates Mathew. So both her friends are always talking about thier boyfriends. Katie is more alone then ever. The story lines are good. I wanted to shake Katies family sometimes. Other times I could see thier point. They had a lot of reciepes in the book as you go. That if I wanted to make them would have to search this ebook. I should have saved them. I like the book club questions in the back make me think of things that I did not pay attention to at the time. I don't think I could live without my electric appilances.phones or car. That would be hard to change. But is you feel thats what Heavenly Father is leading you then thats the path to take. Thier was bible verse to help the girls when they were facing hard times and talk of prayer helping. It fit the storyline. Thier is nothing that should offend anyone from reading this novel. I was given this ebook to read in exchange for honest review from Netgalley. 07/01/2012 PUB Zondervan 304 pages

No comments: