Monday, March 2, 2015

Secret Refuge by Dana Mentink


Description

HIS CHANCE AT REDEMPTION

Former parole officer Mick Hudson blames himself for the death of Keeley Stevens's sister. If he hadn't paroled a criminal, she might still be alive. When he hears that the suspected killer has been spotted in Keeley's hometown, he worries she might be the next victim. Keeley doesn't want to take help from the man who could have prevented her sister's death, but she has more than herself to worry about. She'll do anything it takes to protect her family. And Mick will risk his life to make sure that the past does not repeat itself.

Wings of Danger: The path to love is treacherous
  • ISBN9780373446612
  • Price5.99
  • CurrencyUSD
  • EditionMass Market paperback


  • My review: Secret Refuge by Dana Mentink

    4 STARS

    Good suspense romance action packed story that draws you in right away.  I did guess some of the twists and others I did not.  I loved the characters.  Secret Refuge is also a clean read that does mention Prayer, God's Grace, and Forgiveness in a natural way that is part of the plot.

    Mick Hudson is a former Marine and parole officer.  He left his job because one parole that he let out committed a murder.  He feels guilty about LeeAnn's death.

    Keeley Stevens became a mother after her sister's death to June.  She is a photographer of birds.  She does not want to lean on anyone.  She also wants her sister's murder Tucker caught.  She is struggling to make ends meet.

    This story deals a lot with wild birds in Oregon.  It was interesting facts about the different birds.  The setting is small town Silver Creek, Oregon

    Tucker accused of killing his girl friend after he got released early on patrol. Has been seen heading for Keeley.  He wants something from her.

    Mick wants to help protect Keeley from Tucker and blames himself for LeeAnn's death.  He also injured his co-worker.

    I got into the story and I did not want to stop reading until I finished Secret Refuge.

    I was given this ebook to read by Net Galley and Harlequin.  In return I agreed to give a honest review of Secret refuge.

    1 comment:

    Movie Review Mom said...

    Hi! I would love to have you review my next book which hits stores in April! How do I contact you to send you a copy of the book? Thanks!