Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Window Builder by Kelly Hoose Johnson

5 STARS

This is a great short story. I wanted it to go on and on. The discriptions were great I was taken into the story. I could imangine the stained glass shop.
Jason is sixteen and he wants to give his mother a special Christmas present this year. Jason and his twin have saved up money all year to try and to make his mom happy.
They lost thier father and last year at Christmas his mom had a hard time and would not put thier special Christmas ornament up on the tree.
His friend at school knows someone that can help Jason get the window he needs to fix his mom's broken bedroom window.
I found the characters believeable and liked them. It is nice to read positive stories dealing with teenagers.
Like most Christmas stories this did get me emotional and I shared a few tears,smiles and wows.
I would read more novels by Kelly Hoose Johnson based on how much I liked The Window Builder. Hope she writes many more novels.
I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review from Netgalley.
10/09/2012 PUB Cedar Fort Imprint Sweetwater 80 pages ISBN 1462111130 (ISBN13: 9781462111138)

No comments: