Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: The Wedding Gift by Kathleen McKenna

5 STARS
The story just flows really well.  I was definately drawn into the story.  I can see why some reviews I have read like Leeann and others don't. Me I am mixed. Leeann you want things to work out for her but she is selfish. full of pride and I don't like her morals at all.  But she has something that draws me
to her. She is very young in some ways and very grown up in different ways.
George is too grown up at 26 to be going after a 17 year old giving her drinks, cocaine,sex and expensive presents.  Personally don't have respect for him at all. Plus he is getting everything he wants and no responsiblity. Mama's boy.
Jessie is tough on the outside but is a loyal friend.  She has had a hard life.
Most of the characters drink too much and do drugs.
But the story is well written and draws you into Leeann life and all those around her.  The story is told in her voice as she is writing it down in journal and you see how she gets caught off guard by George and his riches.  Then after a while the horror of the story just glides into place little by little.
Its a good book to read just don't read too late at night if you have a good imangination.  I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review by Netgalley.
10/19/2011 PUB Bell Bridge Books

No comments: