Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Review: The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens

3 STARS
This is the second book in the series and I feel like I missed a few things by not reading it first. The story is still good but I feel if I had read the first would  of not  been lost and confused. I do want to go and read it now
Amelia Gray sees ghosts and she restores grave yard. Amelia has been hired to restore Thorngate cemetery in Asher Falls.
The only way into the town now is across a ferry over a Asher Reservoir or bell lake as locals call it because of at least one cemetery is buried under the reservoir and people hear the bells ring.
Thane Asher heir to his grandfathers money. Pell Asher.
The  town of Asher Falls is almost a ghost town. Amelia sees lots of ghosts around the town and feels weird things. Thier are pictures with ghosts in them. pentagrams and talk of witches. She finds a hidden grave outside the cemetery. People warn her away and threatens her. 
One of the ghosts she sees she knows was murdered but everyone says she died in a fire.
the society she thought had hired her was a local historicaol soiety but others say it was witches who brought her here.
If I saw ghosts and wanted to ignore them I don't think I would work in cemeterys like Amelia and her father do.  I was lent this ebook in exchange of honest review.
03/27/2012 PUB Harlequin Mira Books






No comments: