Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Widow's Guilty Secret by Marie Ferrarella

3 STARS
A Widow's Guilty Secret(Vengeance In Texas)
I don't know if this is first book in the series. But I think it is.
In the Prologue Professor Melinda Grayson is kidnapped. Then we hear in a few sentences later in the book mentioned about her is all.
Then this story is about a Suzy Burris brand new mother of two months waiting for her husband Peter the Sheriff to come home because she wants a divorce. Suzy thinks her cheating on her, keeping secrets, hardly talking or sharing anything with her.
In the quiet town of Vengeance three dead bodies each buried in thier own grave have been murdered. One body is the Sheriff, another a Senator & a third man. each have a card with liar on it in thier pockets.
Nick Jeffries has moved to this small town after working in Houston. He gets to tell the Sheriff's wife that she is now a widow. He interviews her at her house.
I felt like I was missing a lot and maybe I missed a book I know that the next book in the series is written by a different author.
I just have a tough time with Suzy. She just gets told her husband is murdered and the next day is feeding the detective two meals. Some other things happen that I don;t want to give away the book but she sleeps with Nick. It just was hard for me to believe that they were acting like that at that time.
Nick sleeping with a murdered Sheriff's wife just days later. Just could not buy the story. I know when I was told my husband was dead it was a stressful time.
I usually really like Marie's books and will continue to read her work. Maybe with the next book in the series it will all tie in better.
Thier are some love scenes,funny scenes and was cop's gag scene.
I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review by Netgalley.
Publisher: Harlequin (December 18, 2012) 288 pages ISBN-10: 0373278063

No comments: