Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice #12) by John Flanagan

After a senseless tragedy destroys his life, Will is obsessed with punishing those responsible - even if it means leaving the Ranger Corps. His worried friends must find a way to stop him taking such a dark path.

It is Halt who suggests the solution: Will must take an apprentice. The candidate Halt has in mind surprises everyone - and it's a request Will cannot refuse.

Training a rebellious, unwilling apprentice is hard enough. But when a routine mission uncovers a shocking web of crime, Will must decide where his priorities lie - finishing his quest for revenge, or saving innocent lives?

John Flanagan makes a spectacular return to the world of Ranger's Apprentice - but what has happened since you last saw Will and his friends might shock you!

My Review: The Royal Ranger

5 STARS

I love this series. They say this is the last book, but I won't mind if more come out at all. I would read them.

The plot is years after the last book and things have changed a lot. Will is in a depression state. He has refused Ranger assignments. Horace and Cassandra are frustrated parents at wits end. plus Cassandra is running the country. Halt has a plan.

The main characters are back but most of them have a small part except Will and his new apprentice.
I love these characters. They are so likable so real to me.

Even Tugs are back.

The setting is at least 16 years since we have seen them. Araluen is still ruled by King Duncan but he is ill so Princess Cassandra is running the country.

Once I started the book I did not want to put it down till I had finished reading it.

I hope this book will bridge a new series starting from the old one.

Fans of the series will love it. It is aimed at boys but all ages can enjoy. My daughter was in High school when she started reading the series. So I love it. My friend and her family a mix of ages girls and boys have all read the series too.

November 5th 2013 by Philomel 464 pages ISBN: 0399163603

No comments: