Monday, August 3, 2015

Switchback by Catherine Anderson

Description

A KIDNAPPED CHILD. A DEADLY ENEMY.

Bud Mac Phearson's job is to protect Mallory Christiani and her young daughter, Emily—not to get personally involved with either. But after Emily disappears and the trail leads directly to a well-known crime boss, Mac can't refuse the beautiful single mother's pleas for help. With assassins hot on their trail and danger around every corner, the tentative partners race to find the missing key needed for the ransom…even as they try to fight the attraction blooming between them. But when Mac trades his own life for Emily's, Mallory must risk it all to save the man she's come to love…
  • File Size: 892 KB
  • Print Length: 256 pages
  • Publisher: Harlequin Intrigue; Reprint edition (September 1, 2015)
  • Publication Date: September 1, 2015

My review:  Switchback by Catherine Anderson

4 STARS

This is a reprint which I did not know till the end, but I should of got details about typewriter ribbon or payphones.  I remember those so it worked for me.  Lots of drama, action, some love scenes.  I wanted more to the ending.

 The story starts right into the drama and does not let go till the end.  Some of it I could tell where the story was going.  Other twists I liked.

Bud Mac Phearson is asked to protect Mallory and Emily,  but he gets the message too late.  He is going to protect Mallory and find Emily.  Bud is a private investigator.

 Mallory Christiani is a rich widow.  She is a nurse.  At time she is a little wimpy and others so strong and smart.  She is holding it together so she can get her daughter back.  I was really glad we got to see more of what she is like when her daughter is not at risk.

The setting for this book is Washington state. Probably around 1990s.

I would read more books by Catherine Anderson in the future after reading Switchback.

I was given this ebook to read by Net Galley and Harlequin.  In return I agreed to give a honest review of Switchback.

No comments: