Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Last-Chance Maverick by Christyne Butler (Montana Mavericks: 20 Years in the Saddle #4)

Description

THE ART OF FALLING IN LOVE

RUST CREEK RAMBLINGS

Fellow Ramblers, have you heard that Jonah Dalton is back in town? The sexy, citified architect hasn't been seen round these parts since…well, we won't get into all that. Let's just say love has not been kind to our Jonah.

But our sources whisper he's recently been painting the town red with spirited artist Vanessa Brent. She's been methodically working her way through her bucket list—and taking Jonah along for the ride. You'd never guess that Vanessa's lust for life is masking her own heartbreaking secret. Can our hardworking maverick be the one to finally make her whole? Readers, we will let you draw your own conclusions—but we think this romance is a masterpiece in the making!
Series: Harlequin Special Edition\Montana Mavericks: Rust Creek Cowboys (Book 2361)

Mass Market Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Harlequin (September 16, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0373658435
ISBN-13: 978-0373658435

My review: The Last-Chance Maverick by Christyne Butler (Montana Mavericks: 20 Years in the Saddle #4)

4 STARS

The Last-chance Maverick we see a lot of familiar characters if you been reading along. It can stand alone no problem.
I admit it got my emotions going in a couple of places. You might need a hankie too. I did like Vanessa. We learn a lot about her history and Jonah's.

Vanessa is teaching the kids art. She paid for all the supplies too. She has not painted for over a year personally. When she is offered to paint a wall in the new resort. Vanessa has a bucket list she is working on.

Jonah Dalton is back home for three months to finish the resort. He is the Architect. He plans to live in his cabin he built by himself. It took six years. He is surprised to find his mom has rented it out to Vanessa.

Jonah and Vanessa have good chemistry right off the bat. Vanessa gets Jonah to help her with some of her bucket lists. Like kissing a cowboy. It gets a little too steamy for me in a couple of places so I skipped over those pages.

I do like their dates. It is romantic and fun.

The setting for this book is Rust Creek, Montana. They are still rebuilding after the flood.

I liked Christyne Bulter. I have only read I believe two books of hers so far, but I liked them both and would read more of her books in the future.

I was given this ebook to read by Net Galley and Harlequin. I agreed to give honest review of it.

No comments: