Monday, December 12, 2011

Review: Ten Plagues by Mary Nealy

5 STARS
Well it kept me on my toes guessing to the end. Looking back I can see some clues. I would be very interested to read more from Mary Nealy.
Keren is not her full name. She is a detective and her partner is senior Shae.
Keren is waiting in her car for her partner when she sees a man running up to gain members at a condemed building. Then everything goes crazy. A bomb was set off and the building is on fire. Keren tries to help get people away from the building.
Reverend P or Paul lives at the mission that shelters and feeds those in the aera who need it.  He gets a delivery telling him to take a sign to this building if he wants to help get the girl back alive.  He gets their and then the bomb goes off. He helps to try and get some to safty and gets injured but survives.
Paul used to be a cop until 5 years ago when he changed to and became a Reverend.
The killer compares himself with God and is going to unleash the 10 plagues to free his people.
Paul knows a few of the kidnapped girls so they figure its from one of his old cases. 
Keren is not afraid to show her faith and uses her own spiritual gift to help others. I like her and would love to see her back in another book.  Its a good suspense police story. I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review from Netgalley.
10/01/2011 Pub Barbour Publishing, Inc

1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

I hope to do more Mary Nealy books. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. I have some ideas. We'll see what happens.